Introduction to Hybrid Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing provides a virtual remote infrastructure environment to the companies and reduce their load of settings and maintaining backend architecture. Along with this, there are many benefits cloud offers to its users. Most of the people use the public cloud but that comes with a compromise with performance or security. It makes companies switch to private clouds and enjoy the benefits of cloud computing.
But nowadays organizations are more likely moving towards the third option- the hybrid cloud. In this blog, we will explore more about hybrid cloud computing, hybrid cloud architecture, hybrid cloud service providers, hybrid cloud challenges, and finally a conclusion whether if hybrid cloud is a good choice.
What is Hybrid Cloud Computing?
An Integrated Infrastructure which uses public and private cloud platforms to execute organizational functions is called Hybrid Cloud Computing. It is basically a mixture of public and private cloud infrastructure and also provides flexibility along with data deployment. It is a cloud milieu that changes computing needs and costs because it allows workloads among public and private clouds.
Hybrid Cloud Computing Architecture
Hybrid Cloud Computing Infrastructure consists of an architecture that is referred to as Hybrid Cloud Architecture. To establish this architecture, the following key points need to be checked:
1.WAN i.e. Wide Area Network
2.Cloud Service Provider
1.Wide Area Network (WAN): A WAN is a network that enlarges geographical distance (within 1 km). This network can be established with Telecommunication circuits. The Internet is the best example for Wide Area Network.
2.Cloud Service Provider: The second term for Hybrid Cloud Architecture is Cloud Service Provider. Most of the companies choose these providers to build their architecture. A Cloud Service Provider provides various computing solutions that can be categorized as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Cloud Integration, Cloud Management, Cloud Security, Automation, Networking, and Consulting.
Here is the list of few Hybrid Cloud Providers:
1.Amazon Web Services (AWS): AWS is one of the renowned Hybrid Cloud providers. It also provides support to service models such as Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). The services provided by AWS is considered as the best service across the industry. Not only this, but AWS also helps in reducing networking costs by improving network bandwidth.
2.Cisco Systems: CISCO is known for providing efficient services. With the rapid change of workloads and scalability, the primary intent is to support enterprise companies. CISCO plays a huge role in making enterprises to choose the right Hybrid Cloud Computing Solution for their business
3.Microsoft Azure: Windows Azure platform is the best example of a hybrid cloud solution provided by Microsoft. Microsoft helps clients with Infrastructure as Service and management capabilities for private cloud services. Microsoft is helping in the form of smooth migration to the cloud.
4.VMWare: VMWare provides a vCloud Hybrid Service (vCHS) that uses vSphere. It is said to be the most secure hybrid cloud service. You can access the vCenter configuration manager, vCloud connector to operate a solid platform to switch into a public cloud.
5.IBM: IBM is a renowned Hybrid cloud service provider. If an enterprise company is looking for a hybrid cloud environment, then IBM offers customized solutions. The two famous hybrid extensions IBM cloud management solutions offer are Lotus Live and WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud Appliance.
6. Dell: Dell is also a renowned Hybrid Cloud Service provider. It mainly offers SaaS and only appears as a cloud manager. The efficiency management of an enterprise is also shared by the Dell cloud manager. Along with this, it also helps in building the cloud infrastructure using various cloud platforms like availability and automation.
If an enterprise company is choosing the right private Hybrid Cloud Layer, then it will be a successful execution of Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. Migration among public and private clouds is mainly enabled by implementing compatible services and software. And this advanced mixture of services and software creates an advanced hybrid platform.
Challenges Associated with Hybrid Cloud Computing
To access and maintain a hybrid cloud solution infrastructure, you must require skills and tools. The main challenge with Hybrid Cloud Computing is to create interaction between Public and Private Cloud. Hybrid Cloud computing also involves API compatibility and strong network connectivity.
In terms of Public Cloud under Hybrid Cloud Computing, there are many potential challenges, like service-level agreements (SLAs), connectivity issue and many other service challenges. If you are looking to migrate these challenges, then enterprises can help you to design Hybrid Cloud workloads.
On the other hand, there are numerous challenges that complicate the design of the workload. To overcome these challenges, enterprises need to re-design the workloads which are stated in Hybrid Cloud Computing APIs which are specifically shared by public cloud service providers.
One more issue that comes with Hybrid Cloud Computing is the construction and maintenance part. These are related to the private cloud itself. One needs to be good in cloud architecture. If you are implementing supplementary software like helpdesk systems, databases, and others, this could result in complications with the implementation of a private cloud.
What’s next company is completely dedicated towards the private cloud especially in technical support. It may also contain changes and updates to cloud APIs and service changes regularly. So, if you are choosing to access hybrid cloud computing services, then you should go for some required skills.
To understand Cloud Systems more, here are a few points that play a major role:
- Data and Application integration: In hybrid cloud solutions, data and applications are tied together with the phenomenon i.e. Cloud Integration. As data and application are the two main challenges that are being observed while designing hybrid cloud solutions.
- Networking: Networking is the other key factor in Hybrid Cloud Computing. To overcome this problem, one should do proper planning, check all the hybrid cloud networking advantages and disadvantages. By doing the same, enterprises can reduce networking difficulty.
- Compatibility: To build a Hybrid Cloud, compatibility plays a major role. If a company is not directly controlling public and private clouds, they will lack in necessary steps due to dual levels of infrastructure.
- Cost: Cost plays an important role in executing a hybrid cloud strategy. To build a private cloud environment, the public cloud can recommend various choices for its operation which ends with flexibility and relatively. So, while building Cloud architecture one must look after the “cost” challenge as it often occurs.
- Security: Security is the key point that comes in mind while thinking of cloud computing. Cloud computing stores data on cloud which is the most secure way for data storage. In hybrid cloud computing, there are some precautions that are followed by administrators to ensure the data is appropriately secured.
Is Hybrid Cloud Computing a good choice?
Of course, the hybrid cloud is worth to adopt. Besides the advantages and disadvantages, there are a number of hybrid cloud benefits which makes it a good choice not only for companies but also for individuals.
- In Hybrid Cloud Computing, you can use dedicated servers to store data.
- It also gives various benefits when it comes to workloads.
- In the Hybrid Cloud, you can change your cost model at any time according to your demand and revenue.
- It also makes you familiar with the latest technology.